Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hip to be Square

German Phrase of the Day: Kann ich dir helfen? - May I help you? I often ask this of the kids at Julia's school when I'm getting her dressed or undressed (leaving or coming) and they are struggling with boots, jackets etc. Some of the younger ones are just so cute!!

Today was a VERY happy mail day...so I'll have even more great stuff for you all in the coming few days...but for now...here's a quick card I made with the GinaK set Just so Hippy designed by Melanie Muenchinger (now THERE's a good German name!!!) I loved this set as soon as I saw it, but since I had it shipped to my mom's I ended up waiting longer than normal to play with it. So finally, I made card this week with this adorable giraffe! Don't you just love his little heart shaped spots?? TOO cute!

He was colored in with watercolor crayons and an aquapainter. Then, I stamped the balloon onto Regal Rose CS and cut it out...stamping the sentiment on last - guess I should have done that first in case I messed it up, huh? Oh well. I tied some embroidery floss around the bottom of the balloon, then made a bow and attached that to the giraffe's tail with a glue dot.

I used some more of that scrumptious 2 scoops paper I stole from mom (thanks mom!!) and finished it off with some grosgrain ribbon. Super quick and easy!

I have a great idea of something to make with my So Hoppy set tomorrow morning...so let's hope my mojo is with me because I think it will be really cute if I can pull it off. :-) Maybe I'll even make Melanie proud! ;-) Gotta earn my keep over there, right?

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Just so Hippy by GinaK,
CS: Shimmer
white, Blue Bayou, Two Scoops by Basic Gray

Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, blue bayou

Acc: sponge, aquapainter, WWC, ribbon, embroidery floss

TFL!
-Jana

4 comments:

  1. What a cute little guy he is! I love the giraffe with that yummy paper - great card Jana!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is totally precious...love the BG paper you used. Basic Grey PP is the best evah!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!