Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Baroque Color Challenge

German Phrase of the Day: Gehst du gerne einkaufen? = Do you like shopping? Literally, it translates to Do you gladly go shopping, which I only do sometimes. I gladly shop for craft stuff, but I really don't enjoy shopping for clothes or other things. To me, it's just exhausting! Perhaps that is because I've been worn down by bringing a young child with me so most shopping excursions are exhausting!!

Today's card is a combination of 2 challenges. As usual, I forgot to bring my little sketch upstairs, so it's off a little, but I like it this way. And I like just having that little tiny bit of cameo coral (NOT one of my favorite colors, to be sure!) because it adds just enough non-blue to balance the card out.

I really like all the cards I've seen with the faux stitching around the outside of this blue bayou color...so of course I HAD to incorporate that! Otherwise, it's a very simple card using the sketch from Jen Del Muro's blog, and Emily's color challenge 126 up at SCS.

Oh...and I'm playing around with my photo taking. My husband told me last week that some of the photos I was using were really bad (which I knew) so I'm actually using Beate's technique of setting 2 sheets of cardstock on a chair by the window and taking the photo in natural light. I still think I need at least one back light...but this is what I've got available now. If hubby keeps complaining about quality maybe I can convince him to get me some good lights!! :-)

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Aida Cloth
CS:
Whisper White, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Cameo Coral
Ink:
Blue Bayou, Cameo Coral
Acc: sponge, white gel pen, silver narrow organdy ribbon

TFL!
-Jana

7 comments:

  1. Love this -- such a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially liked the colors and I do love the set itself. Thanks. From one Maine stamper to another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. Great take on the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I LOVE the colours. Love what you did with the sketch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card Jana, it looks cool and fancy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!