Monday, August 06, 2007

What's Black & White and Purely Pomegranate all over?

German Phrase of the Day: Es ist richtig warm hier. = It is really warm here. And believe me, I'm NOT complaining!!! After having possibly the coldest summer (following the warmest winter) I'm enjoying a few days of sunshine. However, I hear it's going to cool down again starting tomorow, so don't worry, I'll find something to complain about! ;-)

I discovered I actually have one more card from my Dare to get Dirty challenges to show you all, but not today, because today, I stamped!!! Can you believe it? I finally made it back into my stamp room after almost a week away, and it was great.

I really wanted to do Beate's weekend sketch challenge, because it looked like so much fun. My color scheme was governed by some cool new Making Memories brads I picked up at Pippoos last week...and then I didn't even use them! They're all black and white, 2 sizes, with the larger ones having different patterns. They are very elegant looking, so I will have to find the perfect cards to use them with (of course!) But in the meantime, I wanted to do something black and white, and of course I had to use my favorite pomegranate!! And what better stamp set for that color combo than this little lady.

The card itself is pretty self-explanatory. For directions on sizes, etc, Beate's blog. Oh, and I used some more bling for my flower centers. I mean...you GOTTA have bling, right??

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Little Lady by Papertrey Ink
CS:
Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate, basic black
Ink:
Purely Pomegranate, basic black
Acc: rectangle punch, black narrow organdy and black gingham ribbons, rhinestones from Pippoos

TFL!
-Jana

5 comments:

  1. Stunning card - great color combo!! Finally cooled off here Jana, hope you're family's enjoying their summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, I love this card! Thanks so much for playing with the sketch. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on Beate's sketch!!

    Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. That black just makes the entire card. Great job!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite color combination and you can't beat the lady.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!