Thursday, August 16, 2007

Wild about You animals

German Phrase of the Day: Du fahrst viel zu schnell. - You are driving too fast. Now, this is a common occurance over here. Of course, I don't drive too fast (although my sister may disagree.) With no speed limit on many of the highways here (you know, the famous German Autobahns!) it is not unusual to see a lovely Porshe going 200 kph or faster. The fastest I've ever driven here was just shy of 200 (about 120 mph.) It was on a long straightaway with no cars around me, and I wanted to see what the E-class Mercedes we had rented could do. I will admit, it was fun!!! Hopefully DH and I can rent a nice Porshe or Audi TT or some other fun car for a weekend getaway next time my parents come over! :-)

I really like this card, and it's going to a special online friend of mine for a swap! I've seen so many cards where people have cut out the lion mane and popped it up, that I HAD to do one for myself. I also really like these colors together, Really Rust, So Saffron and Old Olive. I added in the grass by hand with the Old Olive marker...and finished it off with some old olive brads.

Hope you like these little guys as much as I do!! Have a great day.

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Wild About You, Aida Cloth
CS:
Whisper White, So Saffron, Really Rust, Old Olive
Ink:
So Saffron, Really Rust, Old Olive, Ruby Red
Acc: ee brads, dimensionals

TFL!
-Jana

10 comments:

  1. I love the 3d effect on the lion's head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the simple, clean lines. The little flower between the animals is a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana - that is an adorable card!! what a cute lion! thanks for sharing. hope you're feeling better.

    Beth B. (mommy to a busy almost-4 yr old)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! I love how the lion's head is popped out! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jana, your card is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jana, ich liebe diese carte! I especially love the color combination. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute card, I love it :D!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this set!! and your card is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is SOOO cute!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!