Saturday, August 18, 2007

Thank you card and candle set

German Phrase of the Day: Ich mochte ein Glas Sekt, bitte. - I would like a glass of sparkling wine please. My calendar actually says champagne, but since Champagne comes only from the Champagne region of France, I thought sparkling wine would be more correct. I can be a wine snob at times...but I will say Germany makes some very good Sekt!

Today's card uses Beate's weekend sketch challenge #15 to make some Danke cards for Julia's teachers. While at Real this morning they had these cute little tins with candles, and I thought they would be fun to cover and turn into gifts for Julia's teachers. They have been very accommodating of all my various Doctor's appointments, etc. over the last week, and it has been such a relief to know she's in such good hands. It's bad enough to not feel well, but when you also need to worry about your child care it's much harder!

Anyway, I used the retired Recollections designer paper, along with Cranberry Crisp and very vanilla cardstocks and the Cranberry Crisp stitched ribbon. I turned the sketch on it's side, adn then paper pierced the upper left corner since it was looking so bare. The stamp is the one I picked up at the local craft store. That one little bitty stamp cost me 9 Euros!!! That's like $13!!! Can you believe it??? I can't wait for SU! to hurry up and get over here...people are going to love it!

Lastly, I my surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, so I'll post up until then, and I'll have a post for my hubby to put up saying all went well (since it's a routine type thing, and there is practically no chance of things to go wrong) after it's over...but I have to stay at the hospital for 3 nights. :-( We tried to talk the surgeon down (he was VERY nice, speaks perfect English, and has offered to come translate for me if I have any problems during my stay making myself understood) but he was firm at 3 days. Oh well. At least I'll get it over and done with!!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Danke stamp (unknown)
CS: Cranberry Crisp and very vanilla, Recollections DSP

Ink:
Cranberry Crisp
Acc:
Cranberry Crisp stitched ribbon, dimensionals, sponge, coluzzle (for candle tin top!)

TFL!
-Jana

6 comments:

  1. Jana, those look awesome! Danke schoen for trying out the sketch! Hugs and grins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Love the matching candle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - I have that paper and have not used it at all! Yikes . . . ok you've inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all......you do such great work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! I love the Recollections paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jana

    Very pretty card and just want to say good luck for Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!