Thursday, November 08, 2007

Hanna's got Mojo!

German Phrase of the Day: Wir werden eine Loesung finden. = We will find a solution. Isn't that always the case? No matter the problem, there is always a solution, although often not as easy as we would like it to be. But, that's the way life works. Right now, the big "problem" or question in our life is where are we going to be 1 year from now after my husband's contract has expired and we have left Germany. It's kind of liberating knowing that we could go ANYWHERE! We don't own a house, we don't have that much stuff here with us (except all my craft stuff!) and the stuff in storage back in the States can stay there as long as we need it to, and can move anywhere in the States when we return. It's also a little scary...not knowing where Julia will start school. But...we'll figure it all out in the next 6+ months and start another adventure. :-)

Wow...that was a lot of rambling! And here I am excited about another Hanna card! Isn't she just the cutest? I love her expression...and this Hanna has eyes that can be colored in, so she has dark hair and blue eyes, like my mom! Mom is a complete shopaholic (a trait I seem to have inherited, at least for ONLINE shopping!) And since she claims her "other" name is Hanna, I thought this was perfect for her! :-)

I used Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday #10 sketch for the layout, and did LOTS of sponging for Kimmie's challenge #9, Let's Get Dirty. I watercolored Hanna with an aquapainter and inkpads, and paper pieced her dress and one of her bags. It was lots of fun! I couldn't figure out a way to add any ribbon or hardware, so I paper pierced 2 corners to add some additional interest. With all the sponging, I decided that sparkle might look a little odd, so I didn't add any bling for poor Hanna, but think I'll have to back and fix that. Maybe some cute bling on one of her bags would work!!

A friend saw my Hanna stamps and has decided she may have to use them to make her Christmas cards...we'll have a great time working on those while the kiddos have a fun day out with their Daddies! :-) Can't wait!!

Hope you're enjoying my new Hanna stamps...I sure am! And don't worry, I also made a card with one of my new MFT sets last night too!! :-)

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: But I Need it by Hanna Stamps
CS: Watercolor Paper, Chocolate Chip, retired SU! dsp

Ink: Black stazon, chocolate chip, bashful blue, certainly celery, blush blossom, pretty in pink

Acc: aquapainter, sponge, crafter's toolkit


TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, this is a great card Jana!! Love the SU dp...it's one of my faves! Great job with the paper piecing and gettin' dirty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job with Julee's sketch! your coloring is awesome and I love the paper piecing!! Cute! I'm with you on the shopping thing and Maine's a nice place to live! wink wink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Love the color combo. I definitely need to pull out this set and play with it again. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!