Sunday, November 04, 2007

Vellum Snowflake

German Phrase of the Day: Frierst du? = Are you cold? I sure am now since I just got back to 11 degree C weather. It was a little warmer in Istanbul, although not as much warmer as I would have liked!

I hope you all have had a good weekend. We really enjoyed our trip to Istanbul, although I ended up with food poisoning and spent all day Saturday in our hotel room while Phil and Julia went out for a boat ride on the Bosphorus River and toured the Blue Mosque and the Hippodrome. Oh well. At least I got to see several other really cool sights, and even got a beautiful new leather jacket at the Grand Bazaar!

This card was inspired by a beautiful card created by Terri and her instructions for Vitalized Vellum you can find here. It's really easy to do, and the results are quite pretty.

I used Brocade Blue and Night of Navy as the ink colors on the vellum, and stamped the ink away with the Snow Burst stamp set. After mounting it on whisper white, I then tied the silver cord around it. Then, I used The Snowflake Spot to stamp the greeting and embossed with white ep on the Night of Navy card, and then attached the vellum piece.

On the detail photo you can really see the snowflakes stamped in the background. I loved this technique...and many thanks to Terri for doing such a great tutorial!!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Snow Burst, The Snowflake Spot
Paper: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Vellum CS
Ink: Night of Navy, Brocade Blue
Accessories: silver cord, white detail ep, versamark

TFL!
-Jana

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Jana! I'll have to take a look at that technique it looks so calm! Welcome back! Sorry to hear of your food poisoning but glad all is well now!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!