Tuesday, November 13, 2007

This year's Christmas Card...

German Phrase of the Day: Sonntags fruehstuecken wir gemeinsam. = On Sundays we have breakfast together. Actually, we all have breakfast together most days, unless Phil is out of town, and then it's just Julia and I.

This is the card I'm making for Christmas this year. Of course, this photo is old...about 8 years old! It's amazing how young we all look! Now, everyone in this photo is married, and 2 of the 4 coulples have had babies since then. A lot changes in 8 years!!

This is the first time I have mass-produced a lot of the same card since leaving California, and my Carl Cutter behind. I miss it!! It's taken me a lot longer to cut cardstock this year than in the past, that's for sure.

I'm making 3-4 different versions of this card with different colors, and all three of the stamps from this Big on Christmas set. But they will all have stickles...because I think it just adds so much, without adding any bulk.

I got the great idea for this card size (the cardstock is 12" by 4", scored at 3" and folded over - thus leaving room for a 4 by 6 photo and still room to have a msg inside the folded part!) on another blog...but for the life of me I can't remember where right now! If it was yours please let me know so I can give you credit...and I'll look back through my starred items to see if I can find it!!

On the detail photo here you can really see the glitter of the stickles. Aren't they awesome?!?

Have a great day everyone!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Big on Christmas
CS: Soft Sky, Real Red, Whisper White

Ink:
Basic Black, pumpkin pie, basic grey, glorious green, real red, going grey
Acc: red grosgrain ribbon, stickles


TFL!
-Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!