Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Hanna, meet My Favorite Things!

Have you ever had a card that just HAD to be made? It arrives in your head, and you can't do anything until you make that ONE card?! Well, when my new Hanna Stamps and My Favorite Things stamp sets arrived yesterday, this card popped into my head and I couldn't wait to get it on paper!

So finally, after getting Julia to bed I was ready for some quality time with new stamps...but my husband had other ideas! He gave me 20 minutes to go work in my room, and I did manage to get her stamped, colored and dressed. The card had to wait for the morning (which was SOOO hard for me!)

I really wanted a card with Hanna under the mistletoe calling to her honey to come give her a kiss! Isn't she cute? I stamped her with basic black on shimmery white cardstock, omitting her hand holding the star. Then, I stamped the Mistletoe where her hand would have been. I colored her with watercolor wonder crayons and an aquapainter, and I paper pieced her sweater from the Holiday Harmony DSP. I like how the texture makes it look like a handknit sweater! But...I need to remember to use my stazon...the ink bled a little and gives her a grayish tone.

As for the rest of the card...I had this Wintergreen paper on my desk and thought the colors would work well, and went from there. I love the addition of the Pomegranate satin ribbon...it's just so luscious! Oh..and of course I had to add some glitter. I used my fine point glue pen to add glitter to the mistletoe berries. Lastly, I stamped the Hey Sexy greeting from the new MFT Essential Sentiment set, and on the inside I stamped "Wish You Were Here" from the same set. I'll save this card to leave for my husband when Julia and I fly back to the states in 2 more weeks.

Have a great day everyone!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Tis the Season by Hanna Stamps, Essential Sentiments by MFT
CS: Shimmery White, Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky, Wintergreen DSP

Ink:
Basic Black, always artichoke, soft sky, purely pomegranate
Acc: purely pomegranate satin ribbon, dazzling diamonds glitter, sponge, aquapainter, WWC


TFL!
-Jana

4 comments:

  1. I am wondering what your husband's "other ideas" were that he could only wait 20 minutes!! Cute card and great idea to put the missletoe. Guess I will have to check out Hanna - my other name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Those Hanna images are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Yours is the first card I've seen where Hannah is hanging the mistletoe. It's nice to see some versatility in this set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is GREAT! love the rich Christmasy colors

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!