Sunday, November 18, 2007

Snow Bursting Wreath

German Phrase of the Day: Wir gehen Schlittschuh laufen. = We're going ice-skating. We've never actually taken Julia ice skating, but I hope to remedy that this year. I think she'll really enjoy it, and since she's been learning to Rollerblade, I think she'll do ok.

On Friday morning my friend Christina (check out her new blog!!) had a card class. I like going to get new ideas, and to hang out with other stampers. We had lots of fun, and I got to meet a few new people which is always good. Christina borrowed my Snow Burst set when we went to Pipoos on Wednesday, and she designed a great card with it. Isn't it adorable?!? She drew the circle on the shimmery white paper for us all so we just had to stamp the snowflake all around. Super quick and easy card, and turns out sooo cute!!!

In addition to Snow Burst, we used a retired Christmas set, and an old greeting set to complete this card. To make the wreath, we actually went around the circle twice, we stamped full strength, then twice more along the circle before re inking and starting again. Once we went all the way around, we started again full strength between a 2nd and 3rd stamping to offset the full strength images, and after the second circuit, we back filled anywhere it was looking bare. I think Christina did a great job coming up with this card, and everyone loved it! On the close up image you can see the shimmery paper better, and the individually stamped images.

This whole weekend has been a mass-production nightmare! I've been trying to finish up my 120 Christmas cards so they will be ready to mail from the US (I"m cheap and don't want to pay 2 Euros each to mail stuff from here!!) Plus, I made up 20 more of the snowflake ornament card you saw here for the kindergarten's booth at the weinachtsmarkt, because it's the day after Julia and I get home from the states and I won't have time to finish them up when we get back. Plus, I had to do all the ribbon for the ornaments the kids made at school. And then, insane woman that I am, I decided to make a special project for Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's house in Jersey...so I'm getting everything ready here so I can assemble them there (so they don't get crushed en route!) Yes...I've been a little insane this weekend. Luckily, Julia has been very agreeable and wanted to craft with mommy when she's not playing with Daddy, so it has worked out so far. He leaves for Israel tomorrow, then we leave on Tuesday. Oh...what I wouldn't give for a normal life one of these days!!! :-)

I'm not sure how often I'll be able to post from the states...but I'll try to get a few things on deck and ready to publish so it's not too long of a dry spell from me here!! ;-) I actually made a card except for the main image which I will stamp once I get it in the states to post - it's an Asela stamp, and I can't WAIT to use it!!!

Ok everyone, enjoy your Sunday!

TFL!
-Jana

2 comments:

  1. That wreath is very neat! Love it! I'm so excited you see you next week!! Have a safe trip and we'll talk soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to make the wreath! Very nice, crisp card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!