Tuesday, November 20, 2007

BFF!

German Phrase of the Day: Vergiss mich nicht! = Don't forget me! I promise Ill try to post as often as possible...and I'll try not to just leave you hanging like I did when I was in California!! :-)

Here's the card I made yesterday morning super quick. I had gotten the cardstock out earlier in the week because I wanted to make a card for the color challenge but never had time. Finally, I decided to make the time.

I love this saying in the Garden Whimsy set, because it really is so true. It seems like best friends just KNOW when somethings wrong, and often what it is. I've been lucky in my life to have many such friends...even inside my own family! :-)

I started by stamping polka dot on the purely pomegranate card, and then sponging those edges. Next, I but a piece of Kraft cardstock, stamped the Aida cloth background on it with close to cocoa, and then sponged that. I love that background stamp, it really makes the card just pop with texture...see this close up shot? Doesn't it look almost 3D??

Finally, I cut my focal piece, stamped the images, and cut the mat for it from kraft, which I then lightly sponged. I tied my pomegranate double stitched ribbon around the card, then attached the focal piece with dimensionals. Super fast, easy card!!

Ok...I'm heading to the airport. Think happy thoughts for me...and wish me luck with Julia's jetlag - it's got to be better than our last trip to California was...at least it's only 6 hours this time instead of 9!!!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Garden Whimsy, Polka Dot, Aida Cloth
CS: Whisper white, purely pomegranate, kraft

Ink:
purely pomegranate, close to cocoa
Acc:
purely pomegranate double-stitched ribbon, sponge, dimensionals

TFL!
-Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!