Saturday, November 03, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch challenge Wishing Well

German Phrase of the Day: Sie ist sehr begabt. = She is very talented. How appropriate a phrase is that for a Beate sketch challenge, huh?? You all know Beate is my stamping hero, right? I can't wait to meet her in February when I'm in Florida...it's going to be sooo much fun!! Good times, Good Times! ;-)

This z-fold card was super easy to make, and lots of fun too! I started with my chocolate chip base, and wanted to have my card in the portrait orientation instead of landscape like a lot of z-folds tend to be. So, I scored at 4 1/4" and again at 2 1/8" then I stamped the flannel plaid background on the "front" bit.

I stamped the Wishing Well from GinaK's Wishing you Well set on watercolor paper with brown stazon and watercolored with aquapainter and some ink lids. This is SOOO fun to watercolor, I really enjoyed it. Then...I mounted on Brocade Blue. I attached this to the front of my card, trying to center it.

Next, for the inside, I layered on some designer paper (sponged of course!) and then centered underneath the well piece some very vanilla with the greeting stamped. I kept it simple and didn't add any ribbon or anything to keep it masculine looking. Think I'll have to send this card to my dad since it is such a nice masculine card (a rarity for me!) and he's the only man I know who actually appreciates my cards!! Love you Daddy!!

Don't forget to enter to win Blog Candy here!!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Wishing you Well by GinaK
CS: Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, watercolor, retired SU! dsp

Ink:
brown stazon, chocolate chip, close to cocoa, mellow moss, always artichoke, brocade blue, going gray, basic gray
Acc: sponge


TFL!
-Jana

2 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely. I have never made a Z card but would like to and will use your instructions to make one. Thanks. :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the watercoloring. I can't wait to meet Beate also. I hope to have a list of questions for you by February. Hope that I will be able to get my "stampin' stuff" unpacked from Maine into its permanent home in Florida. Dad will be so happy not to load and unload EVERYTHING twice a year from now on. Of course, I will continue to buy during the summer months!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!