Sunday, January 06, 2008

Paper Pretties Card Remix...

German Phrase of the Day: Verlass mich bitte nicht. = Please don't leave me. I feel this way everytime I get an unsubscribe notice from Feedblitz. Although...I just unsubscribed via Feedblitz from all the blogs I had subscribed to before switching to Google Reader. I finally decided I didn't need my inbox flooded anymore. However, I did discover that when unsubscribing, you get to explain why...so from now on I'll read why! Maybe others are switching to Google reader too! :-)

Before I start talking about today's card, I have to tell you all that MY IPOD WORKS!!! I was SOOO happy the other day. I plugged it in to charge, and it turned right on. Thank you Nancy for giving me hope!! I am VERY relieved!!

Ok...remember when I posted my Paper Pretties box card last week? I said I wanted to play around with the contents of the box and see what else I could come up with? Well...here it is.

I started with a sketch from Kurt Amundson. This kid (I suppose I should say young man, but I'm feeling old today, and he's just a baby in my mind!) creates the most gorgeous, amazing pieces of artwork! Anyway, had his sketch in front of me, and I pulled the supplies out of my box. That made the card go SUPER fast, because I really didn't have to think! I stamped the image on the Metallic Luster cardstock and colored her in. Then, I stamped it again on the Paper Salon Plaid paper to paper piece her coat again. Then I trimmed the cardstock close to the outline because I wanted a bit larger matting with my icy blue.I trimmed down the Great Lakes cardstock and tore the edges (I used a little of the torn bit to stamp the hat on...clever of me, no?) I paper pierced the Icy Blue (just on the corners this time) added the snowflake brad, then assembled it all. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment, then added the cut out hat (on a dimensional) on which I had colored the band white with my gel pen. I really love getting these boxes with everything in them...it's nice once in a while to not have to think about what papers etc I'm going to use. Thank you Christie!

Supplies: (all supplies from Paper Pretties unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Baby it's Cold Outside by My Favorite Things
CS: Bazzill Lavender Twilight, Metallic Luster, turquoise icy blue and great lakes cs; Paper Salon snowday plaid and snowday clitter multiflakes designer papers

Ink:
Palette Noir, SU! Markers
Acc: white organdy ribbon, snowflake paperfastener, swarovski crystals


TFL!
-Jana

4 comments:

  1. Soooo cute Jana! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy that your iPod works!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is her plaid coat ... I'd like one of those myself ... very fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your card! So happy to see the paper salon plaid paper in her clothes! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!