Sunday, January 13, 2008

Beate's WSC with Sophia

I have another card for you today (it's a 2fer Sunday!) because I just made it and LOVE it so much I can't not share it!!! And to see more samples with the 2 stamp sets Paper Pretties just released this weekend be sure to visit the blogs of all the Prettie Girls listed on the right side - they've got some great ones! We also have 4 special Prettie Guests who've made some beautiful cards - so check them out as well!

I wanted to create a card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge using my sweet little Sophia. And I wanted to mimic the look of the embossed edges from the nestabilities. Now why haven't I bought the nestabilities yet you ask? Because I decided it didn't make sense to buy a personal die cutting machine to bring over here (and I would never buy one here because they cost twice as much!!) So I have to wait until we move back to the US before I make that indulgence. Maybe Christmas next year?? Perhaps I should tell my MIL now in case she's already started her Christmas shopping!! ;-)

I started by cutting a circle from Stampers Select White with my coluzzle that would just fit on the punched Marvy giga scalloped circle. Then, I cut a slight smaller circle out of chipboard. I centered the white circle over the negative space on the piece of chipboard and used my empressor stylus to emboss around. It creates a nice pretty edge. Next, I stamped sweet little Sophia using palette noir ink onto the circle...be careful not to get any ink on the embossed edge. I colored her in with my aquapainter and watercolor crayons (although for celery I use reinker - that crayon is just TOOO light!) Then, I punched my scalloped circle from Blush Blossom and lightly sponged the edges, then ran the sponge around the white circle to just add some color to the edge before adhering it to the scalloped circle.

I stamped the polka dot background onto my standard A2 certainly celery card, then I layered a strip from the Basic Gray phoebe collection onto some Blush Blossom (after sponging both!) and put that on the card. I cut 2 lengths of the wide celery grosgrain ribbon and cut the edges by folding the ribbon in half before making the angled cut. I adhered those to the card then added Sophia on top using pop dots. To finish her off I stamped the greeting in Palette Noir ink near the bottom and added 1/2 of a 3/4" square I punched from Blush Blossom cardstock. I'm sure with nestabilities I could have finished this card VERY quickly, but it didn't take too long. Plus, I now have a template I can use again and again to make my faux nestabilities circles! ;-)

I really like these softer colors and patterns with our little Sophia - it makes her look so sweet and delicate!! Have a great Sunday everyone!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Cuddle Me from Paper Pretties
CS: Certainly Celery, Blush Blossom, Phoebe by Basic Gray, Stamper's Select White

Ink: Palette Noir,
Certainly Celery, Blush Blossom
Acc: sponge, aquapainter, WWC, wide celery grosgrain, marvy giga scalloped circle punch, coluzzle, 3/4" square punch

TFL!
-Jana

4 comments:

  1. Jana, your coloring is fantastic! So is the whole card. That stamps is absolutely adorable!
    Thanks for playing with the sketch! February is approaching fast! Is your Florida visit still on???
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophia is just so sweet Jana, and you do the greatest job of water coloring her. I am just so impatient waiting for my two sets to arrive...and hope-fully I will get some private lessons in February. We really want to get up to meet Beate, but that is yet to be decided, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - this is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe! Fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!