Sunday, January 20, 2008

VSN was fun!

Sorry, no German phrase of the Day today - it's almost 1am and I'm tired!

Here was the first card I made for VSN yesterday. I liked this challenge, but couldn't think very well when we started so copied the colors and stamp set from an earlier card I made.

I'll try to write a little more to go with this tomorrow, right now I"m going to go snuggle with dh before he leaves for 4 days! Hope you all had great weekends!!

ETA: So, I started by cuting the circle with my Coluzzle circle cutter (leaving a bit at the top so it was still connected!!) I sponged all around the card, then worked on the layers. The top layer is whisper white. I stamped the sentiment and watercolored it, then I stamped and colored the flowers which I then cut out. I used some earth elements buttons for the flower centers, made a bow using double stitched ribbon, and matted it all on Ruby red, with a diagonally cut half layer of groovy guava in-between (just following the sketch!)

Stamps: Time Well Spent
Paper: RIver Rock, Confetti White, Ruby Red, Groovy Guava
Ink: RIver Rock, Ruby Red, Groovy Guava, palette noir
Accessories: EE buttons, groovy guava double stitched ribbon, rhinestones, aquapainter, WWC, coluzzle


TFL!
-Jana

PS Thanks to everyone who left a comment for Julia - she really loved hear them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!