Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Warm Friends

German Phrase of the Day: Ich bin so gestresst. = I am so stressed out. Actually...I'm not stressed right now. I'm still flying up around Cloud 10! I went right on past Cloud 9!! LOL

Here's another Sweet Sophia card. Isn't she just darling? For today's card I wanted to paper piece her dress, so I used the lovely SU! Porcelien Prints DSP for her dress and matching border. I used a coordinating paper for the card base, all on a standard sized certainly celery card.

I already had little Sophia stamped on some confetti cardstock with Palette Noir ink. I colored her in first with my WWC and aquapainter, then I stamped her again on the designer paper and cut out her dress. After adhering her dress, I flocked little Teddy there. I think I got a little TOO much flocking this time because it's hard to see all his details. But...such is life. I actually scraped some flocking off his eyes using my paper piercer. That helped!

Next, I punched 2 scalloped squares from the same paper and pieced them together to make 1 rectangle big enough to mount Sophia on (can YOU find the seem on this picture - I can't!). Then, I adhered the coordinating design of paper to the bottom part of the card, tied some lovely Satin Ribbon from a Jody Morrow ribbon swap around, and then stamped the greeting with Not Quite Navy ink onto Confetti white cardstock, cut it apart, and mounted them on Not Quite Navy cs. I adhered the greeting (from Snowflake Kisses) directly to the card, and popped Sophia up on pop dots. I just love this saying with Sophia and her teddy. I mean...what better friend can a little girl have than her cozy "stufftie"? It was a very quick card (or would have been if I hadn't been interrupted a dozen times by Julia wanting this thing or that) and I LOVE quick cards!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Cuddle Me and Snowflake Kisses from Paper Pretties
CS: Certainly Celery, Confetti White, Not Quite Navy, Porcelain Prints

Ink: Palette Noir, Not Quite Navy

Acc: sponge, aquapainter, WWC, Marvy Giga Scalloped Square punch, Satin ribbon from May Arts

TFL!
-Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!