Thursday, January 24, 2008

Prettie Wednesday, and another little peak!

German Phrase of the Day: Kannst du das nochmal sagen? = Can you say that again? Usually I just cheat and say "Bitte" which means please, but can also mean you're welcome and excuse me, and probably several other things I just don't know about yet. However, this is a useful phrase to know when learning a new language...so I've tucked it into my back pocket of phrases I try desperately to remember!

Yesterday was Prettie Wednesday! Julie issued this week's challenge, and wants us to create a Valentine for our Stamping Sisters (or other girlfriend) Then, we'll mail them out to arrive by Valentine's day to the next Prettie girl on the list. So my challenge to you all is make a Valentine for one of your girlfriends (real, or PSF's [pretend stamping friends] as Lauren calls them) and MAIL IT! I know...I'm TERRIBLE about mailing things, especially since it costs me 2 euros to mail cards back to the US (that's $3.00!!) but we make all these wonderful creations and don't share them as much as we should...so...get out those stamps, and those stamps! ;-) Now for another little sneaky peek....
What do you think of today's little looksy at the wonderful new stamps coming out on Monday at Paper Pretties? It's very hard for me to keep the lid on this one...I just love it!! You won't want to miss the party Monday night at 8pm central (which is 0'dark-thirty here!) Be sure to check the other Prettie Girl blogs (links on right) for more sneak peaks today, and remember you still have time to submit an entry to be our first Cutie Pie!! Oh...and speaking of pretties... have you checked out all the ribbon Christie has over there? She just got some brand spankin' new Valentine's ribbon from American Crafts and it is TO DIE FOR! Oh my gosh...you have got to go check it out!!

Now, for today's card. I made this the other morning using a Stampendous image I stamped while my friend Karin was here. She made this gorgeous card with it, and I had to CASE at least part of it! I mean, look at that flower?!? So...I started with the image stamped in Palette Noir on stamper's select white. I sponged a little Groovy Guava into the center, then some Regal Rose working out towards the petals. Then, I opened up the Purely Pomegranate and started sponging that inwards. I don't think I have ever completely colored an image using sponges. I always watercolor images like this. But you just can't get this kind of intense color with a watercolor brush! I mean...this just screams at you!

After I got the color right, I cut the image out, covered it with Versamark and embossed with iridescent ice ep. Then, I inked it up with versamark again and covered it with Glassy Glaze ep. After melting that I added one more layer to make it nice and smooth. Gorgeous, no?

I had already decided to use Julee's Mojo Monday #21 sketch...but now I had to figure out how to incorporate this flower into it. I played around with a few different sets and finally settled on this Think Big set that I have rarely used, but LOVE. I stamped the BIG with Palette Noir first, then added the shadow with Going Gray using my SAMJ (Stamp a ma Jig) then I added the dream with Purely Pomegranate. I stamped the Pomegranate layer with my floral background (again with Pomegranate ink) and hid the seam behind the ribbon!

The closeup really gives you more of the impact of this flower. In real life it is amazingly gorgeous if I do say so myself. Gee..I'm gonna start sounding like Jan Tink here pretty soon!

Have a wonderful day everyone, and be sure to come back tomorrow for another Paper Pretties Sneak Peak!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Think Big, Floral Background, Stampedous Flower
CS: Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Stamper's Select White from PTI
Ink:
going gray, basic black, purely pomegranate, regal rose, groovy guava
Acc: sponge, iridescent ice ep, glassy glaze ep, black organdy ribbon, silver cord, 1 1/4" circle punch

TFL!
-Jana

4 comments:

  1. Prettie little peek Jana!! And your Mojo card IS gorgeous!! Just so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, Jana. . I LOVE that flower! Just beautiful! Love that little sneak peek too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that flower is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one has mojo galore! Just gorgeous. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!