Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Color Challenge Card

So this week's Color Challenge colors were So Saffron, Certainly Celery & Regal Rose. Normally, when I use Regal Rose and Certainly Celery it is with Apricot Appeal. So...this was good to force me out of that box.

My friend Yvette has had some lovely cards using this Blooming Happiness set lately, so I decided to pull it out and finally put it to ink. Boy am I glad I did!

I stamped the images (cake and candles are 2 separate images!) with Basic Black and colored them with regal rose, so saffron and certainly celery markers. Then, I applied versamark to the entire image and covered with iridescent ice ep, which I then heat set. I just love the faux diamonds technique, and new it was time to finally try it out again!

The stamped piece is then layered on Regal Rose and Certainly Celery CS. The card base is So Saffron, stamped with the linen background in so saffron, with some additional so saffron sponged around the edges for good measure. (this card is SOOOOo saffron-y! LOL) Then I tied on the grosgrain and stamped the sentiment from the same set. Looking at it, it seemed to need something more, so I punched the word windows and wrapped them around the edge of the card attaching them with so saffron brads from the Regals brad set. Not sure if I went a little too far or not...my cards are usually pretty simple. But, I think it works.

Ok...one more challenge card to go!
TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. Lovely job with the CC...the ribbon is so cute and I can't wait for that hostess set to show up here on my doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are on a ROLL!!! All these wonderful cards! What a great way to wake up in the morning.....to find so many great posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought you used shimmery cs...it looks great! I have that set too...mounted but unused...hmmm I'll have to pull it out and play!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!