Sunday, March 11, 2007

This week's Inspiration Challenge


...was VERY challenging indeed!!! I REALLY wanted to complete all 7 challenges this week, and IC66 was the final one. If you haven't looked yet, check out the inspiration piece here.

My card is not what I had envisioned...but it was a few hours between when I last looked at the painting and I started working on the card.

To make the card, I started with some Shimmery White (it was out!) and just squirted on some of my new stickles. Then, I used a piece of cardstock to smooth them around and get some swirly action going. Then, I left that piece to dry overnight.

I stamped the Big Pieces on Tempting Turquoise and Lavender Lace using matching ink, punched with the 1 1/4" punches, then placed gold brads in the centers. Finally, I layered these onto 1 3/8" basic black circles.

Once my background piece was dry, I put on the celery grosgrain for the "stems" down, then mounted this piece onto some brushed gold cs, then all that went onto the Basic Black card. Finally, i popped the circles on with dimensionals.

Definitely NOT my normal kind of card. I think it's what I would get if I tried to do modern art, which obviously I SHOULD NOT! However, I decided to share with you all so you can see sometimes I also make bad cards. Oh well!

Tomorrow, I'll share my Funny Bunny cards! I've been having SOOO much fun with Bunny Hugs today!! LOVE IT!!!

TFL!
-Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!