Saturday, March 10, 2007

Another Fun Night of Stamping...

I have to post quickly cuz the hubby is due in to the Dusseldorf train station in just over an hour, and it's at least a 20 minute drive!!

Last night I was stamping with my friend Rachel in California. How you ask? I have a webcam, and we talk through Skype! It's great fun, and makes us feel like we aren't so far apart!!

So, I wanted to do a card for the Limited Supplies Challenge over at SCS (that's 6 in a row for me so far!) and this week's challenge was to use only bold brights, black or white. In general I like the BBs, but like others, I prefer to mix them with other color groups. But...I was game.

I pulled out my Do the Hula stamp set again, since I have been longing for the tropics, and just played. I used Green Galore, Pink Passion and Lovely Lavender, and stamped on them with the same color inks. I mounted my pieces all on basic black, and stamped the greeting on whisper white. I dyed another prima (I have pink fingers this morning - gotta get me some gloves!!) and added a rhinestone from the bling I bought last weekend at Pipoos. And, voila! Instant card! I really like the bright colors of this one. And guess what? We actually have sun this morning!! :-)

Not sure if I'll get to post tomorow...we'll see how the hubby is adjusting to the time zone and what he feels like doing. If I'm lucky, he'll take the little one out and give me some peace and quiet! We can always dream, right?

TFL!
-Jana

5 comments:

  1. This card makes me want to head for the beach today. You did a great job using the BB's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love those bold, bright colors & the way you used the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh I love the colours on this card... it's so vibrant. I love bold colours and its great the way you have used them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is so nice and makes ya just wish summer was really here!! Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!