Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Technique Challenge

This card actually covered 2 challenges. Monday's Technique Challenge and Tuesday's Color challenge. The technique challenge was to fray grosgrain ribbon...and since I had been playing with my acrylic buttons for my shaped big blossoms...I had an extra. When I put the frayed ribbon in and spread it around it looked kinda like a sun, so I thought I'd go with it.

My amazing friend and downline Michelle sent me some stamped images from the Bunny Hugs set since she knew I wouldn't be getting mine for a while still, so I was able to put them to good use!! I also CASE'd Beate's awesome idea of using the frayed ribbon as grass in the basket. So cute!!

So anyway, the colors here are Regal Rose and Certainly Celery along with Whisper White for CS. Images are stamped with Basic Black, then colored in with pretty in pink, certainly celery, close to cocoa and so saffron markers. I also added some liquid applique to the bunny tail. I just love puffy bunny tails!!!

Pretty straight forward card...hardest part was cutting everything out, something I DO NOT enjoy! But...it does look cuter I suppose! :-)

TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. This is a cute little scene you have created for your bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! I love the little chickies and the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay you are so clever. I would have never thought of using the frayed ribbon for the basket...too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!