Sunday, March 25, 2007

VSN on Splitcoast!

This weekend was Virtual Stamp Night over on Splitcoast Stampers. Because of the time difference I wasn't able to participate at the same time as everyone, but I did manage to squeeze in a few of the challenges, and boy were they fun!

Here is my favorite, the challenge was a Survivor challenge, and even though I think I've only watched the show a total of 2 times, I really liked this challenge. We had to create a "Survival Kit" by covering some sort of container, and if time permitted, put a few items into the kit.

I used a box from the Target $pot my friend Michelle sent to me. It came with some cute notepaper inside, which I have set aside for now. I covered the box with the Petals & Paisleys paper, then stamped the sentiment using the retired Newsprint Alphabet set. I also stamped Seeing Spots in the background.

After covering the box, I still had some time (altho not much sticky strip!!) so I quickly wrapped a strip of paper around an aspirin bottle, and then cut a circle with my coluzzle for the mini disk. I stamped TUNES on the mini disk (which does in fact have some great tunes on it - it is in fact the soundtrack from my wedding reception that a friend made for me!) Since this is a survival kit for a stamping weekend, I wanted to include some band-aide's for all the paper cuts, but couldn't find any in the allotted time (only 45 minutes!)

If you haven't done a VSN over on splitcoast, you should consider it. It was LOADS of fun (this was my first) and a great creative jump-start!

Supplies:
Stamps: Newsprint Alphabet, Seeing Spots
Paper: Cool Caribbean, Confetti White
Ink: Cool Caribbean, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
Accessories: Pink Gingham, sticky strip, coluzzle, HPH, cutter kit

TFL!
-Jana

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! I haven't done a VSN yet - keep meaning to though. One of these days.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute, I have yet to do a VSN too. One of these day I'll have to take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!