Thursday, April 19, 2007

Birthday Bonanza

I love my birthday...doesn't everyone?? And one of best things about having a birthday (since it most surely isn't getting older!) is getting fun mail! Over the past week I've gotten some wonderful cards from my online friends from blogging and splitcoast, so here are the latest.

First, this amazing notepad in a tin from my friend Yvette. It's just amazing, isn't it?? I recognize 2 stampin' Up! stamp sets (office accoutrement and Sincere Salutations) but don't recognize the rest. The flower on here is made of suede I think - it's quite interesting!! And Ilove the fact that it "locks" closed, and then you click the button to open the tin again! So very cool!!

Inside, there is a notepad for taking those daily notes, along with a pocket, and a pen. I think this will have to live downstairs so I can see it all the time and keep my grocery list in it!!

She also included this beautiful matching birthday card...isn't it just gorgeous?? I love the use of the cuttlebug - that is my favorite embossing folder!! It's just amazing. Thank you so much Yvette...I LOVE it!!

Next up is a birthday card from my stamping hero Beate. I remember seeing this card (or something like it) on her blog a while back and admiring the combination of stamps and designer paper....and now I get to admire it in person! She gets these amazing papers from Eclectic Paperie and claims to have an addiction. Don't we all??? :-)








I also got this wonderful card from another of my Diva buddies, Linda Schmitt. She designs such wonderful projects, I always love swapping with her! This card is no exception. I love the twill tape stapled on. I always forget to use my twill tape...I think I will challenge myself to pull it out and use it! Thanks for inspiring me again Linda!











And then I even have 2 non-birthday cards to share. The first is from my friend Stephanie. She sent a load of things to my mom to bring to me, and this card with Bellas inside was given to me when I got BACK from Barcelona! Mom had almost forgotten it! I remember when Stephanie posted this card, I instantly fell in love with it, and that stamp set! Such an amazing card. I love the embossing...the stamping...the coloring...everything! Also, Stephanie sent me this really cute candle in a pot which I love! Now I'll have to take a bath soon so I can light it! :-)





This last card was from an SCS RAK club member, and it's just gorgeous! I don't think you can get the full effect from the photo, but it is embossed with black ep, iwht just a hint of gold glitter in it! I'ts incredible!!! Ilove the coloring and shadingthat she did, and she even sent me one of my favorite flowers...pretty neat, huh?? Thanks so much Beverly!





11 comments:

  1. Hey these look amazing..thanks for the photos...birthdays are always special days for all of us...and i'd also like you to drop by my blog on Birthday Cards sometime and check out all that i've posted there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't get to see all these beautiful "birthdaisies" up close and personal before leaving for our "trip back over the ocean", but Yvette's gift is absolutely georgous. I DID see Beverly's card. Wanted to snatch it then and there!! Sorry Steph, but it did stretch out all those goody surprises for Jana. I am having so much fun getting to know Jana's blogger buddies. What great support for one another. Mommabella

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did get some amazing mail! Glad you had such a wonderful birthday :o) Oh the stamps were some Autumn Leaves acrylic stamps that accidently found their way into my cart at Target.... and the paper is Basic Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards - how fun for you!! Now you have to send me your address so I can wish you a happy day too! :) Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!!

    The Basic Grey set is stunning... lucky lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are terrific...Yvette is absolutely amazing and makes me wanna run to my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Yvette did an awesome job on her notepad tin...I love it! You are a lucky bday girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All are so nice but Yvette's just stands out so much....hmmm she has lots of time to make me one;)...lol

    ~hugs~

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW you have recieved some great surprises. Thank you for sharing these with us.

    Charmaine G

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yvette's altered tin is simply stunning. Your birthday cards are beautiful as well. I am glad you liked mine! Hugs to you birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!