Wednesday, April 25, 2007

SCS Sketch Challenge

German Phrase of the day: Ich weiss = I know. Alternatively, there is Ich weiss nicht = I don't know.

I LOVED today's sketch for the sketch challenge. SO MUCH FUN!!

I thought it was a good excuse to use more of my new patterned paper from DCWV that I got it Pipoos a few weeks back. The colors really go with SU! stuff quite well, which is nice for me.

I decided since I had everything out, I'd make 2 cards, using more Bella images from Stephanie. Funny thing is, one of these cards is for a very good childhood friend, also named Stephanie - her bday was last weekend (yes, I'm late as usual!)

For the bday card, I think I'll have to stamp some purple hearts down the side...when we were kids (7-11 years old) we had what we called the Purple Heart Gang. Stephanie, her sister Jill, and I did everything together. I was always so jealous of them, because they were only 13 months apart in age, and more like best friends than sisters...but they always included me with their fun. PHG4EVEH!

The cards are quite straight forward today. I used my may arts polka dot ribbon, and the dark color is Elegant Eggplant, NOT black. I took a few liberties with the sketch, but came pretty close! Need to make my book so I can sketch it into my book then take upstairs to my craft room since Internet up there is not very reliable. Painted with my aquapainter and ink pads...think I'll add stickles to Emmy Bella's top - she needs some sparkle! Oh, and maybe some bling to her purse, just cause I can!! I suppose I could add some sparkle to the cake too...what do you all think??

Supplies:
Stamps: EmmyBella, Cakeabella, & Retail Therapy by Stampingbella; Butterfly Wishes by PaperTreyInk
CS: Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant, white, DP by DCWV
Ink: Certainly Celery, Buckaroo Blue, Elegant Eggplant, Close to Cocoa, Summer Sun
Acc: May Arts Ribbon, Word Window Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, sponge.

What do you think of my new German Phrase of the day?? I've decided that as a way to better incorporate learning German into my favorite activities, it needs to become part of my blogging. So, I will try to include a new German phrase every day! Beate - feel free to correct me if I get things wrong here!! :-)

TFL!
-Jana

4 comments:

  1. Love them both! The patterned paper is really pretty and the colors blend so well. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Jana! The paper is so pretty with the bellas! Hey, now we can all learn German! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bellas! Great patterned paper, fer sure. The german is fun I have some german heritage and my dad knew some phrases that he used to use occasionally. Of course, I don't know any but I can count to ten in japanese!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!