Thursday, November 11, 2010

Merry Christmas Marci!

I love versatile stamps!!! This adorable Birthday Marci works great for Christmas too...just using Christmas colors!!!
For my card today I used the Sweet Sunday sketch from Karen Giron. I really loved her sample and wanted to come up with some interested way to make the scalloped square. My order from MFT had just arrived with this fabulous new Faux Crocheted border die namics die, so I thought that might work. I cut out 4 of them, then linged them up on a cutting mat to make the size square I wanted, then I just cut the corners (mitered them you could say) to line them up. Worked pretty well!!
I colored Marci with my copics, and then paper pieced her present with the opposite side of the dp I used for the center square (adding the ribbon on top which had been stamped and cut from more white cs. I added some seam binding ribbon and an antique brad to finish off the sketch!!

Don't forget to share your LaLa Land Crafts projects with us! Link up your projects using any LLLC stamps here on the blog and YOU could be our customer of the month, and win ANY stamp from our store!!!

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! The colors and paper are so rich looking. Absolutely gorgeous card. The recipient of this card will love it. I am going to give your border trim hint a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOWIE Jana!! You're soo right! She's PERFECT for Christmas *Ü* Oh I love the yummy rich colors you used and that border punch is so beautiful!! Gorgeous bow too. Love your whole card (heeheee... she's too CUTE!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cards are really great i love seeing ur post .

    nice post
    A+ for this post
    Birthday messages

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!