Thursday, November 18, 2010

TCP Challenge with a NEW TCP Stamp!

On Sunday last week, I had the pleasure of stamping with Alma herself at the trunk show she was hosting at my LSS (Memories Live On in Cupertino, CA!) She had created this adorable make and take with the Ski Bunny set...and she had some of the BRAND NEW UNRELEASED sets there for sale! Well...I snatched up this adorable little bear...because I love one of the sentiments with it. Of course...I'm waiting until later this weekend to see if I can do the card I originally came up with when I saw this set (GO BEARS!!)
For this card, I used the inspiration piece for this week's TCP Tuesday 135 Challenge, this cool chair with a neat pattern to it. When I saw the chair, I immediately thought of this paper from Nana's Nursery Boy collection by DCWV. I built my card from there using this week's Mercy sketch MTSC100.
I paper pieced this adorable bear's ears and foot pads, but otherwise just added a tiny bit of shading with my C1 copic marker. I added some pleated white satin ribbon from MFT with a bit of white narrow grosgrain from SU! over the stitching. I then finished him off with a sparkly snowflake and felt snowflake along with the sentiment stamped on a little banner. Super fun card!! And now another company to add to my obsessions list...YIKES!

4 comments:

  1. ADORABLE> love that cute bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so cute right?!! :) I love this!! His pieced feet - too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great meeting you, too, Jana. This card is perfect for the chilly weather that we are FINALLY getting. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!