Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Scrapbook Page by ME?? WOW!

Before I get to my project, I have some exciting news for you all - LaLa Land is having a HUGE sale TOMORROW, the Friday BEFORE Black Friday! So be sure to come back to the blog, or straight to the LaLa Land Boutique midnight tonight (Pacific Standard Time!) to check it out!

I have to admit, I don't often scrapbook with paper anymore having switched over to digital scrapbooking recently, but when I sat down to work with the newest Marci and Luka images (only available digi right now, but rubber is coming SOON) all I could picture is this photo of my parents taken over 50 years ago when they were in high school and going to a formal dance. Of course, no one can FIND the photo now...but as soon as I do I'll be scanning it in to fit onto this page!

Since I know the photos is black and white, I wanted those to be the primary colors on the page. However, I also know that my mom's dress was blue, so I wanted to add a touch of blue. I thought marina mist would work well.
I used some new SU! dsp for the base of the page, then I created my photo layer (the vanilla) with the 2 mats (black and marina mist) and I put those on top of the Marina Mist satin ribbon layered under the lace. I added the satin bow on top (along wtih a little extra narrow vanilla grosgrain) and then added the rhinestone accent as well.
I made the roses for the corner of the photo using the MFT rolled rose dienamics die and some vanilla and marinna mist cs that was sponged. I added some cream pearls to the centers, then adhered them around the upper left corner.
For my stamped images, I printed them on vanilla cs and colored them with my W00, 01, 03, 05 and 07 markers. Then I added just a touch of blue (b93) to both Marci and Luka (see if you can spot his, it's pretty small!) I cut them both out and then created ovals for them using more dsp layered on some Marina Mist cs. Don't Marci and Luka look adorable all dressed up for their prom?

I hope you've enjoyed this...I promise I"ll post an updated version once I get the photo onto this page, and mount it in a frame for my folks. Perhaps it can be their 49th wedding anniversary present in February! (sh...don't tell them, and stop reading mom!)

7 comments:

  1. Jana, you knocked my "bobby socks" off with this gorgeous layout! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! WOW!! What a wonderful layout. I love it!! All I can say is "WOW!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uber cute and OH-SO-Beautiful Jana!! Love it when you these cuties in black and white with a hint of color--perfect for those older b/w photos too. And your roses are just perfect as can be--LOVE THIS PAGE!!! Oh, I hope you find the photo! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW is right Jana!! LOVE them in black and white!! You are the Master of this type of coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at you---tha tis fabulous. LOVE all the stamped details and those beautiful flowers! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely, positively gorgeous!! Fingers crossed the photo will turn up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. Jana! This is one GORGEOUS layout! Wow! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!