Monday, November 22, 2010

MFT WSC

I got to play along again this week with the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club. This week, we were to derive inspiration from the song My Favorite Things from the Sound of Music. In our household, that is a favorite family movie. In fact, it's one of the few movies Julia is comfortable watching because there are almost no scary parts (especially if the movie stops at the wedding scene!!) So needless to say, I know the song well!
I decided to go for Silver White Winters and use my brand new Inspired By - Winter stamp set. I stamped the cabin, then masked it to stamp the trees. I then cut some rolling hills to mask, then stamped and embossed the moon and stars. I brayered on the night sky, then removed my mask and colored the cabin with my copics. I stamped the sentiment, then added some sparkle to the edges of "hills" and along the roof lines with my quickie glue pen and some Glitzy Glitter.
I finished off the inside with some more trees , but left plenty of room to write a nice note. This is such a great generic card, you cold use it for almost anything! Have a great day everyone...we're off to visit Santa! :-)

3 comments:

  1. I finally got my Inspired by Winter stamp set from MT, and I think I will just have to use your card as inspiration for a card for my nephew's birthday. He is turning 11, but loves fishing and camping. I think this will fit right in. What a lovely and versatile card! BTW, I will be in San Jose in a few weeks visiting my cousin!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!