Wednesday, November 03, 2010

PWC126: another AWESOME sketch!

Frances has done it again - come up with an amazing sketch challenge for us this week, and I LOVE it!! I have to be honest...I made this card in less than 30 minutes, and I LOVE when I can do that! Because I didn't have an image to color, it was all picking papers, cutting, and lots of sponging!!
I used more of my Basic Grey Fruitcake paper (can you believe I bought that in the Netherlands and never opened it until I was back here in California and could have gotten it for half the price?? Figures!) along with some Cherry Cobbler, Sage Shadow, and Very Vanilla. I stamped the greeting from O Christmas Tree and after sponging on some Cherry Cobbler ink, I added teh snowflakes. Each is centered with a rhinestone for some extra sparkle. I added the Cherry Cobbler seam binding to finish off the card, and am quite happy with the end result!
Be sure to head on over to the Paper Pretties blog to see all the great creations today, and to link up your OWN entry for this week's challenge - you could win a Paper Pretties stamp set. You don't have to use a Prettie stamp to play (although we love it when you do!) just have fun with the great sketch!

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card i haven't thought of doing one with one of the sentiments what a great idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully elegant card and gorgeous non-traditional color combo for these awesome snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I've visited your blog! You do GREAT work!!! Love this card for this particular post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Jana, just sweet and warm! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I love the paper and the elegance of it. TFS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!