Tuesday, November 30, 2010

One more stitching...

 Ok...so even though I've been (mostly) awake since 3:30 this morning (thanks Jack!) I did manage to get another project done (Jack has slept less than 2 hours of that time!!) Remember back in October when I was Kim's Fab Friend and I made the coffee cup sleeve? Well, some friends saw it and wanted one...so I had to make more.

 For this one, I used this fabulous turquoise felt from MFT, and I cut one end using the Perfect Bracket Edge Die-Namic die, then backstitched the 2 ends together with grey embroidery floss. I cut several snowflakes from some white felt using the Let it Snowflake dienamic and adhered them to the felt. Then, I stitched some buttons into the snowflakes.
Next, I made a matching tag. I used some label nesties to cut out my taken with Teal base, then a smaller one to cut out the fun dp that's layered on top. I colored and cut out Flurry of Love PI girl and adhered her to the tag. I wanted to add some stitching to the tag also, but didn't have the patience for more hand stitching, so I faux stitched all around the outside by piercing then adding the lines with a silver Spica pen. Lastly, I added one more felt snowflake to teh top of the tag using a snowflake brad which I also used to hold the ribbon on with, and added the sentiment. I know my friend will really like this!!

4 comments:

  1. So very adorable. I can feel the breeze that is blowing the girl's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey, this is fantastic! I love the tag! And the cup warmer, perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!