Tuesday, November 30, 2010

MFT stitching it up!

This month's Guest Designer Contest for MFT is to Stitch it Up. I'm not so handy with my sewing machine latelly, but I can still stitch by hand pretty well. I actually had another idea for this challenge, but NO TIME to complete it unfortunately, however I still like this one!!
I used my Lil' Pumpkin PI girl and decided to quilt her pumpkin.So, I first stamped it on some dp, then turned it over on top of a few layers of felt and using my dry embossing stylus, stretched the paper a bit. Then, I added some dimensionals under the pumpkin to adhere it down (after coloring her and paper piecing her dress). Lastly, I paper pierced along the lines of the pumpkin and back-stitched with some brown floss. I layered her on a nestied really rust scalloped rectangle, then worked on finishing up the card base.
I hand stitched the retired SU! dsp to some soft sage cardstock using more brown floss, then added the more mustard strip with some chocolate chip ruffled ribbon on top. I cut out the half circle pieces with my rounded banner trio die-namics die, then stamped the sentiment one word at a time to fit. And hey..this qualifies for the wednesday stamp club too...how bout that?? ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!!! I love the stitched pumpkin, Jana!!! Reminds me of this great store that was in VA when I was growing up... The Velvet Pumpkin. Ah, memories... Anyway, your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great creation with a fun treatment with the piecing! Love the sponging and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!