Friday, April 02, 2010

CPS160 and my new JustRite Stamps

Ok...I finally caved. After that amazing blog hop and all those gorgeous flowers, I just HAD to have one of the new JustRite stamp sets My Garden Borders and Centers, and I picked it up at my LSS. Daisy's are my favorite flower, and this Gerbera Daisy just called to me!!
I wanted to keep the card simple like the layout of this week from CPS, and I wanted the card to be longer - but I had to change things up a little when I decided to do the embossing folder. The card measures 4" by 5.5", which made it easier to emboss only part of the front. I used some PTI Color cardstock for the strip and the scalloped matting, and the white is PTI Stamper's Select White. I stamped the flower twice, colored it with V000, V04, V06 and V09 copic markers, and cut them out. The inner bit is on dimensionals to give the card a little more dimension.

As I said, very simple. And hey...fits today's JustRite blog challenge perfectly of anything goes for Good Friday. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Same some Cadbury's eggs for me!

7 comments:

  1. very pretty card - I love the pop of purple
    TFS,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, these card freakin' rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Jana! Luv the deep purple of the flower and the simplicity of the card! The flower is bold and just pops! Luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simple yet lovely in the shading and embossing details! Loving the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is jsut beautiful, Jana! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty! Love the white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jana, this is a beautiful card and reminded me of the old days in Germany with the pasta machine embossing...!!! The flower is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!