Wednesday, April 28, 2010

LLWWC36: Altered Embellies!

This week, Maureen has challenged us to take a store bought embellishment and alter it somehow. I decided to use some SU! chipboard that I haven't used yet, and spice it up with some glitter and crystal effects a la Jen Del Muro. Be sure to head over to the La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge blog to see all the wonderful creations by the La-La DT. And since Maureen is using Birthday Cake Maya this week, it's on sale for 20% off in the La-La Land Crafts boutique - woohoo!!
I decided to ink up my new Princess La-La this week, and use these beautiful new papers that came in my DT kit this month - aren't they beautiful?? I used copics to color La-La, then cut her and her matting out with nesties. The layout is from Mercy's Tuesday sketch last week (I know...I'm way behind on my sketches right now!) just changed up a bit.
And here are my glittered chipboard flowers - aren't they just so sparkly?! LOVE em!! Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Awww...so sweet! Great coloring, Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOWIE... Ok, I never wouldda guessed that those weren't buttons!! LOVE that idea--and I have lots of chipboard pieces around *slapping forehead* now I'm gonna go use one, spice it up like you did here and add it to Maddy's green scrap page in that top left corner that looks so plain, LOL! LOOOVE IT! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Girl, you could package those altered chipboard pieces and sell them! AWESOME! Lala is colored beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowie Jana! This is luv-ly!!!! I'm waiting on my Princess Lala stamp to come . . . great job and luv the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous card Jana! Love the soft colors and your shiny glitter flowers are the perfect accent for a princess! Great take on the challenge! ~Maureen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!