Tuesday, April 06, 2010

MFT Monday on Tuesday

Here's the card I made for this month's MFT Guest Designer contest over on SCS. The challenge was to create an M & M Card (Masculine and metalic!) and I think I pulled that off!
I dusted off Friends Furever (a fun mini set I had to have but had yet to use!) and had fun making use of both images!! I started by stamping the boy hugging his dog on white cardstock twice. Then, I followed Kerry's AWESOME flocking tutorial and ran some creamy caramel cardstock through my xyron, then rubbed fun flock all over it. Then, I stamped the image again on to this. I cut the first stamped image out with my oval nestie and embossed, then cut the dog out of the flocked paper. finally, I colored the little boy on the 2nd white image and cut him out to layer on top of the dog. My nestie cut layer I sponged (with the die still on) with certainly celery and bashful blue, then I went in with a green prismacolor pencil to add some grass all before gluing down my boy and dog. This I layered on another brilliant Blue oval.

For the tag, I stamped the image on white carstock, the colored inside it using my versamarker. I added some sterling silver ep and heated. I let that cool down, then versamarked again and more powder and heated  again. While that was still warm I added one more layer of ep, melted it, then stamped the greeting into the warm ep. Next, I cut the tag out and added the jump ring. I ran the twill tape through the jump ring, and was ready to start assembling!
The finished card size is 5" by 6.5" - a little odd I know, but it worked for me! I used some dp from the All Boy stack from DCWV, along with chocolate chip, bashful blue and brilliant blue. I finished off the inside as well with some more dp and the puppies head stamped on the flocked paper again and punched out. A perfect card for some little guy getting his first dog!
I hope you all have a wonderful day! I'll be back tomorrow with my La-La Land Crafts and Paper Pretties Wednesday challenge cards!

7 comments:

  1. You made that tag? Amazing and very cool! I always need ideas for more masculine cards....thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rocks girl! I can't believe how amazing the puppy looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? That tag looks great, Jana! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! Such a great idea with the metallic tag, and the flocking on the puppy is so perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card Jana!!! Everything about it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is seriously an awesome card... you totally rocked the flock!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!