Monday, July 16, 2007

Christmas card gone bad!

German Phrase of the Day: Das war ein Fehler. = That was a mistake. Fehler is pronounced FEH-lehr...and I make many of these!

This card started with the stamp in the uper right corner. I REALLY like the postage cancel stamp, and that is the only reason I pre-ordered this set. I wanted to use that on this card...but couldn't think of where to go from there. I did use my new square scalloped punch from Nicole at PTI to punch out the stamp...isn't it cute?

Anyway, I think I just tried to use too much. perhaps if I had moved the verticle ribbon to the left a little more, and angled the tag that way, and not used the circle image or the merry image it would have been salvageable. As it is, I will probably save it to send to someone who I know has no appreciation for my stamping...which means one of dh's relatives! (Did I really type that?!? Oh well!) Maybe once I'm home again I can try to re-work this one and then I'll post the result.

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Perfect Presentation
CS: Whisper White, Real Red, Blue Bayou

Ink:
Basic Black, real red, blue bayou, Soft Sky
Acc: both tag punches, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, smallest square scallop punch from Marvy, Mike's ribbon

TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. I like your picture in front of the Triberg waterfall - brings back memories when we visited there - it's a gorgeous place. Yep, you're right, something's wrong with this card, but I can't put my finger on it. I have confidence that you'll fix it though & that the poor relative won't have to receive a "faulty" card! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think the card looks great! I wouldn't change a thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card. The colors and the layout are great. I wouldn't change a thing with it either!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!