Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pomegranate Strawberries?

German Phrase of the Day: Ich liebe Nachspeisen! = I love desserts! And boy, is that ever true (as you can tell from my photos!) and what a perfect phrase for todays Berry card. :-)

I decided I wanted to do as many of the Dare to be Dirty challenges over at SCS over the next week as I can squeeze in. (If you're a fan club member, you can see the challenges here! all others can see the gallery here.) Now that I'm out of my Harry Potter stupor, I need to get stampin'!! Only way to get over the post-Harry blues, right?

I was inspired to make this layout when looking at Sherry's sample for Jody's challenge. The white cardstock is actually 4.25 by 5.5, and is truly attached with the brads. (Well, I did use a little snail to hold it in place while attaching the brads, but still!) I really like how this turned out with the brads in each scallop!

The berries are of course from the Papertrey Ink Green Thumb stamp set. I stamped them with the purely pomegranate ink, which I am completely and totally in love with. I mean, it's such a LUCIOUS color!! Makes you want to just eat them up, doesn't it?!? The tops are stamped with Wild Wasabi, another new fav of mine. Can't wait to get the matching ribbon!! Since I didn't have that, I thought it appropriate to use some May Arts polka dot ribbon from one of Jody's awesome ribbon shares! See....she even ships to us poor souls overseas! :-) And she didn't charge much more for shipping either!!

Hope you all like this one as much as I do...cuz I LOVE it!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Green Thumb by Papertrey Ink
CS:
Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate
Ink:
Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi
Acc: corner rounder, silver brads, may arts polka dot ribbon

TFL!
-Jana

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Jana!! Love the nice fresh look and the darker color is so pretty!! Great job!
    Hugs to you! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the layout, eating strawberries as I type in fact, so you know I love those stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so pretty! The darker colors are great! Nice contrast.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!