Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Catty Case wtih Zoofari

German Phrase of the Day: Das beste Obst bekommst du auf dem Markt. = You get the best fruit at the market. Yesterday we had veggies, today we have fruit. These were among my first German words...as I've said I do ok when it comes to food! ;-)

Last week there was a challenge on SCS to Case the New Catty. Well...my absolute favorite sample in the new book has to be the Boatloads of Love sample on page 53. I mean...the use of the designer paper is just wonderful, and the way they reused the punched out word window strip is just brilliant!

I hadn't used my new Zoofari set yet, and really wanted to get it a little dirty, so I pulled that out. And in looking over my DP, I decided that the Petals and Paisleys striped paper would work perfectly. I used my brand new aquapainter (I finally broke down and bought a new set...my old ones are getting a little frayed, and I promised Julia she could have them when I got new ones...she's been bugging me for them for at least 6 months!) with ink pads to color in my little animals there. I used some river rock to give them some ground. For the sentiment, I didn't have a happy birthday sentiment that fit really well in the space I had, and that I liked. So...I used a Happy Belated Sentiment from the "It's Your Birthday" set, and just stamped Happy first then Birthday, using my SAMJ to get the alignment just right. Oh yeah...and I used the balloon from Tutu Terrific...just decided they really needed a balloon, and that was the only one I could think of that I had. Maybe I should remedy that and get the Big Bold Birthday set from page 63...what do you all think??

I'm super happy with how this card turned out...now I just have to figure out who to send it to! :-)

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Zoofari, It's Your Birthday, tutu terrific
CS:
So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Petals and Paisleys DSP
Ink:
Old Olive, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, basic black, cool caribbean, river rock, regal rose
Acc: aquapainter, word window punch, corner rounder, crafter's tool kit, bb brads, dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig

TFL!
-Jana

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this layout and I too had it flagged in my book to case! Great card girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Too bad it's not my birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love this set and the layout is great. Go ahead and get that set I have about 7 Birthday Sets, I need to get away from buying them, it is like an addicition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay that is just too cute. I may just have to CASE that one for a kids party;)

    Have fun in your travels!

    *hugs*

    Steph

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!