Saturday, July 28, 2007

A triple challenge card

German Phrase of the Day: Ich muss in den sauren Apfel beissen. = I have to swallow the bitter pill (or more literally, I have to bite into the sour apple.) One of the fun things about this phrase calendar is finding all these fun phrases that I wouldn't otherwise learn.

Last night I decided I could probably get 1 card done quickly while my husband got Julia to bed. I figured I'd use Beate's sketch, and then I also wanted to do Jen's Clear Stamp challenge and Sharon's Easy Elegance challenge. So, I used my PaperTrey Ink stamps (Green Thumb) since they are the only acrylic stamps I own thus far. Then, for the added elegance I added some rhinestones to the flower centers and the silk flower with rhinestone brad for the circular part of the sketch.

Of course, I had to use my new in-colors again. I can't believe I just placed my first order (FINALLY) and didn't order any new In Color cardstock except the textured 12 by 12. Oh well...guess I'll have to do another order soon! ;-)

Ok...hoping to send dh and dd off to the "Aquazoo" so I can do some serious stamping today! :-) Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Green Thumb by Papertrey Ink
CS:
Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate, soft sky, blue bayou, pretty in pink marker to color flower
Ink:
Purely Pomegranate, soft sky, blue bayou
Acc: Rhinestone brad, sponge, silk flowers by ???, rhinestone stickons from Pippoos

TFL!
-Jana

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Wow 3 challenges in one card. You go girlie. GREAT JOB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Love the colors, the stamps the layout - great card!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!