Friday, July 20, 2007

Summertime sparkles

German Phrase of the Day: Jeder moechte heute dunn sein. = Everybody wants to be thin these days. Well...I guess that's true...but few want it enough to do the right things - myself included!!

Ever have one of those cards that just doesn't quite turn out how you had envisioned?? While blurfing this morning (I just love that word Allison!!) I came across a card that had rounded corners on the bottom...and I liked it. But it also inspired me to then add patterned paper that would peak through a little...so of course I had to cut the top flap a little shorter. So...that was how this all started.

I did the faux diamond technique on the white circle, because, I mean, who doesn't like sparkle?? And then, I added the rhinestone brads. I think that's where I went over the top...but overall I'm still ok with this card. I think I'd like it better if I had used Cool Caribbean for the cards instead of old olive, but that's ok.

My husband and daughter should be back soon...and I still have to prepare a post for tomorrow. You see...I'm not going to be stamping this weekend, because I have a date with a young man named Harry. I still don't know WHERE I'm getting my book from, but you can bet I'll be up and out of the house plenty early searching all the bookstores between here and Amsterdam if I have to to find a copy. Then, I'm going to just sit, and read! My husband already knows I'll be in a total book induced stupor, and that he shouldn't count on me for anything. I made a big pot of chili for lunch today, so we even have leftovers available!! :-) So...off to find something to photograph for all those non-Harry fans who will actually be looking at blogs tomorrow. You don't know what you're missing!!!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Polka Dots & Paisley
CS:
Whisper White, Old Olive, Petals and Paisleys DSP
Ink:
Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Old Olive
Acc: Coluzzle, corner rounder, rhinestone brads, iridescent ice ep, May arts ribbon, Marvy giga scalloped circle punch

TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty Jana! Have fun tomorrow - I'm not a Harry fan but I'd love to have a day to read a book! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck finding your book; ours is being delivered sometime tomorrow, and my husband and I are going to take turns reading! We've tried to keep radio and tv off so that we don't run into spoilers, (and go to only safe places on the internet). Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!