Sunday, July 15, 2007

Text Boxed playtime.

German Phrase of the Day: Ich liebe neue Stempel! = I love new stamps! Every once in a while I come up with a phrase of my own...and I always double check the spelling on babelfish. However, it won't correct the phrasing, so Beate, or other native German speakers, please feel free to correct me when I screw up!

This is the only card I have made so far from my new Text Boxed set. I really like the set, just haven't had enough time to play yet. I was working on another, but it just didn't turn out quite right.

Have you checked the new sets released today yet?? I probably haven't since right now I'm probably on a train to Prague...hope we have internet at our hotel in Prague!!

For this card, I used the Fossil Stone technique from Pat Stamps technique junkies newsletter. I had a subscription for that which my friend and downnline Michelle got me for my birthday one year, and I really enjoyed it. I thought this technique would work perfectly with these leaves...and I was right!

I think it might have been a little better had I also clear embossed the focal image...might have given it a little more pop. But...it's ok. All stamps used are from the Text Boxed set...I did emboss the words with gold ep after stamping with gold ink. Hope you like it!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Text Boxed by Papertrey Ink
CS:
whisper white, wild wasabi, brushed gold, garden green, glossy white
Ink: Wild wasaby, always artichoke, mellow moss, versamark, gold encore

Acc: Gold ep, clear ep, narrow white organdy, gold cord

TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. Great card Jana...are you using craft ink or dye ink here? The only thing I have found that works with my Text Boxed set thus far is Versamagic chalk ink...I want my SU stuff to work though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card with this set - I didn't get it, it looked too hard for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!