Friday, July 06, 2007

Happy 4th...on the 6th!

German Phrase of the Day: Wir kochen heute ein ganz besonderes Essen. = We'll cook a very special meal today - which is what many people did on the 4th. We however, spent the day driving through Germany...which was still quite enjoyable...and eating German, Italian, and Greek food. Independence Day is a little different when living overseas!

I didn't get into my stamp room until after getting Julia to bed last night, so I had to wait until this morning to take a photo. I'm quite happy with how this turned out. I stamped the fireworks in Purely Pomegranate (my new favorite color!!) and Brocade Blue. Then, I covered the white piece with Versamark and embossed with Iridescent Ice EP. I just love that faux diamonds look!! Then, I mounted the white piece onto Brocade Blue CS, and then onto Purely Pomegranate, and then I added the organdy ribbon and silver cord. Finally I mounted this onto my Bashful Blue card where I had already stamped the stars with Bashful Blue ink. The sentiment was stamped with my new Karen Foster Snap Stamps in Pomegranate ink, then punched with the word window punch. This was a super fun card to make...and I LOVE the sparkles!! Hopefully tonight I can make some card with all my new SU! stuff!!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Fireworks from GinaK designs Karen Foster Snap Stamps
CS:
Brocade Blue, Purely Pomegranate, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink:
Brocade Blue, Purely Pomegranate, Bashful Blue
Acc: Versamark, irridescent ice EP, organdy ribbon, silver cord, word window punch

TFL!
-Jana

4 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the embossing-so sparkly! Glad you had a good fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute, i could have used your inspiration for my husband's aunt's birthday which is on the 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh ooh! Every year I want a fireworks set, and your card may just inspire me to go outside of my SU! stuff to get one! GREAT card, Jana!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fireworks! That stamp is awesome and your card looks very festive! Hope you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!