Thursday, July 12, 2007

Quilt card

Normally, I try to only post one new card per day - especially when I'm going to be traveling and can't stamp for a while - but today I had to share this card I just finished! I followed a link from Allison's blog to this awesome tutorial for making a quilt card on Nancy's blog. I mean...with her instructions it was just so stinkin' easy! I used my Brocade Background paper to make the quilt, and of course the matching Baroque Motifs set for the center image.

Once I had the strips cut, and the adhesive on the under level it went pretty quick. After adhering all the strips, I decided to use my craft knife and a ruler to cut off the excess because I don't have the guillotine style cutter and I didn't think my trimmer would be a good idea. That worked perfectly. I wanted to add some ribbon or something, but decided that it really didn't add much. Perhaps some piercing around the vanilla layer on the Old Olive would look nice....but at this point I don't want to screw it up, KWIM ??

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Baroque Motifs
CS:
Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Brocade Background DSP
Ink:
Old Olive, Groovy Guava, River Rock, Chocolate Chip marker
Acc: 1 1/4" square punch, Ice rhinenstone brad

TFL!
-Jana

8 comments:

  1. WOW! I LOVE your quilt card! Good job! It's beautiful! Easy, huh?! Thank you for your kind words about my tutorial! Glad to be able to teach something new to someone, as I've learned so much from others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love your blog! May I link it to mine? THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, fancy schmancy!! I really like how that turned out - it looks like a very quality made quilt, too! Nice!!

    You have been tagged!
    Rules:
    *Post 7 random things about yourself
    *Tag 7 other bloggers
    *Post the rules
    *Leave tagged bloggers comments on their site.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I know you said it was easy, but it looks like it must have been extremely difficult to make. Don't you just love it when something turns out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOOO Jana, it's beautiful! I love it with the medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card. gonna go check out the tutorial now. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card. Fantastic

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!