Saturday, July 14, 2007

ENORMOUS Silk flowers

German Phrase of the Day: Ich wurde so gerne im Suden leben. I would like so much to live in the South. Not that I've been north yet (altho by the time you all read this I"ll be in Berlin, so I can tell you about it when I get back!) but I definitely like the southern areas of Germany.

This card uses those beautiful silk flowers my friend Karin sent to me. I colored the largest using a sponge and my Purely Pomegranate ink pad. I would have preferred dying it with ink refill, but I forgot to buy those. Ooops! The middle flower I left white, and the smallest I sponged with Groovy Guava. Then, I used a pink rhinestone brad from the SU Fire collection for the center. Isn't it gawgeous?!?!

To give you some size perspective, the white card base is 6 by 12. That flower is HUGE!!! And this card came together so quickly...even coloring the flowers took next to no time. Hope you enjoy!!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Sincere Salutations
CS:
Whisper White, Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Prints DSP in Celery
Ink:
Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava
Acc: Ice circle rhinestone brads, May arts polka dot ribbon from a Jody share.

TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. Love that giant flower and the colors you used, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these giant flowers. Beautiful job.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!