Sunday, July 01, 2007

Saying Goodbye

German Phrase of the Day: Auf Wiedersehen = Goodbye (or more literally, until we meet again, just like Au revoir in French)

I hate saying goodbye. And one of the weird things about living overseas and getting to know other ex-pats is that occasionally, they leave and return to their original country. Thus, I am having to say goodbye to 2 good friends I have made in the short time I've been here. Both women were part of a group of scrapping English speakers (Americans, Canadian, etc.) that I have been meeting up with for the last 8 months or so...quite regularly since January. And while I will miss having them here, I know that I will continue to meet more people, and hope that I will meet up with them again when I too return Stateside.

This card was made for one of these friends. It was a VERY fast card...using some of my new Basic Gray paper which I love. I used my So Very SAB stamp set (and as always stamped the missed crooked!) and some organdy ribbon and cord to finish it off.

We're off to the Black Forrest, so I'll be a little quiet for the next couple of days...but I did get my pre-order items...and of course, my new catalog! I've been enjoying it immensely, and will of course bring it with me to continue to drool!

Have a wonderful July 4th all of you who are Stateside! We'll be celebrating here with German beer and Bratwurst! :-)

TFL!
-Jana

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card - have a fun trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having a good trip!

    It's a bummer when you have to say goodbye.....definitely not one of my favorite phases in life.

    Beautiful card, Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, Jana. You have been tagged. See my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a beautiful card! I used to go to the Black Forest all the time when we lived in Germany. It's beautiful!

    You've been tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. Good byes are never easy or fun. Enjoy your trip...we'll chat when you get back.

    *hugs*

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. sure is pretty for a fast card!! Great job. I agree with you on the goodbyes - they're never easy - but at elast you have the opportunity to go somewhere to have a need for a goodbye at all, right? Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!