Friday, July 27, 2007

Toile tent cards

German Phrase of the Day: Der Kuchen schmeckt zu suss. = The cake is too sweet.

I made these cards the other day for StamperSharon's dirty challenge, making a toile card! Since I had also just looked at the sketch challenge to make one of Michelle Wooderson's tent cards, so I figured I would combine the two. I think the design could use some work, but overall I'm happy with it.

I decided since i was at it, I'd make 4, showcasing some of the new In Colors...which I just LOVE!!! The first 2 use Purely Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi, the 2nd 2 Blue Bayou and Soft Sky. And don't you love the combination of the ticket corner punch with the scalloped square punch? I think it looks so cool...the perfect place for a brad! Oh...the card base itself is 4.25" square...the tent part makes it 5.5" tall.

I didn't get any of yesterdays challenges done...so maybe I'll get a few from yesterday and today done tonight. Otherwise, I'll just have to play over the weekend!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Holidays & Wishes, Floral background
CS:
Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky
Ink:
Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky
Acc: ticket corner punch , silver brads, gold brads, narrow white organdy, gold & silver cord, Marvy giga scalloped square punch

TFL!
-Jana

5 comments:

  1. Oh My this are fantastic. Love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, very nice - love that background stamp, might "have" to get that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutey love these! I hope you don't mind if I CASE them! I love the floral BG and how they are tent topper cards! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana, thank you for explaining about the size. It was exactly what I was thinking, and then you explained it. I was trying to figure out how you would get that card into an envelope. I love your cards, tres beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the inspiration ...

    http://ingeniousinkling.typepad.com/ingenious_inkling/2007/12/in-case-of-emer.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!