Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Circle Journal #2

Ok Michelle...if you want to be surprised....don't look!!!

German Phrase of the Day: Willst du von meiner Suppe probieren? = Would you like to taste my soup? Not that I ever make soup...but I suppose it's a good one to know. Someone might make soup for me, right? ;-)

So today I am posting the journal pages I made for Michelle's journal over at Painted Dessert Serenade. She is also the host of the circle journal swap, so has been reminding us all of our mailing dates.

The theme of Michelle's journal was things to do in this lifetime. I thought that was a great theme, but couldn't think of too many that I know for sure I want to do. Therefore, I only had 3. Visit all 7 continents, write (and publish) a book, and grow old with my honey. I used the Pick a Petal stamp set to write my tasks on the petals, and I stamped using one of the patterns with Pomegranate ink on the same pretty in pink cardstock. I stamped the title using my only double alphabet over here on whisper white, slightly sponged the edges with the pomegranate ink, then mounted it on pomegranate, finally adding a tag with my name to the bottom. I also added a rhinestone brad to the flower center to give it a little more sparkle.

I hope you like it Michelle!!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Pick a Petal, Newsprint Alpha
CS:
Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink, Petals and Paisleys DSP
Ink:
Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate
Acc: Spiral punch, Rounded tag punch, pink gingham ribbon, rhinestone brads

TFL!
-Jana

3 comments:

  1. Jana, I LOVE it!! What a cute and creative idea with the flower petals. Thanks so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! The three things on your list are fabulous, and the petals are, let's say, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! The background papers look great with the flower! BTW, your idea for the book sounds great, I'd read it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!