Monday, July 09, 2007

Pick a Petal fun

German Phrase of the Day: Der Wein schmeckt sehr interessant. = The wine tastes very interesting. I hope you all are memorizing these, because I will have a test someday!! And in the test I'll include ALL my favorite words, of which Wein is certainly one! :-)

So, like I said yesterday I finally sat down and played with my new goodies while DH and DD were riding their bikes to the pool about 5 miles away (and 3 "villages" over.) I knew as soon as I saw sneak peaks of Pick a Petal I would have to have it...but then I saw people struggle with what to do with it...and I got worried. I decided for this card I wanted to go simple, and stuck with just 1 layer (altho, looking at it now, I'm thinking I might scallop one edge and put a layer of color under it...what do you all think? And which color would you use? Wasabi or Apricot??)

I used Purely Pomegranate (the greatest color ever created!) for the petals, and then took a 1" circle chipboard piece out, covered it with Apricot Appeal craft ink, and embossed it with my iridescent ice ep (no, I actually DID put it away, but it was near the front in my drawer of ep)

Once I had the flower basically created, I realized I didn't have anything for the stem...and it will be a while before I get Stem Sayings...it didn't even make my first order, but it's in the "Must Order this catalog period" column. So, I pulled out my PaperTrey Ink Faux Ribbon set and used that to make my stem...and I LOVE it! Of course, I had to use Wild Wasabi ink! Then, I finished it off with a greeting from Hugs and Wishes. Such a fun and easy card to make! I love new toys!!!

Supplies: (all supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Pick a Petal, Hugs and Wishes, Faux Ribbon by Papertrey Ink
CS:
White CS from Papertrey Ink
Ink:
Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Apricot Appeal Craft
Acc: Iridescent Ice ep, On Board Blossoms & Basics

TFL!
-Jana

7 comments:

  1. Adorable! I like the simplicity of this card! Dang, make me want that petal set now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is great, it really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am totally in love with Purely Pomegranate. It is what I had hoped Cranberry Crisp would have been when it arrived at my door last year

    And this card is great!! I can't wait to get home and play with my new sets that are sitting there, unloved, waiting for me to ink them!

    Darn vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card Jana! I think this set looks great on simple almost no layer cards and I love how you curved your stem. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect. I love your stem. I would try the apricot layer underneath first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Jana! The pomegranite just pops right off the page. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card just like it is! No extra layer needed!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for leaving me some love!